[LV] Now for another bit of noise , ok any noise ...

Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw at lug-owl.de
Sun Mar 8 20:18:42 CET 2009

On Sun, 2009-03-08 10:00:44 -0800, Mr. James W. Laferriere <babydr at baby-dragons.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Mar 2009, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
> > On Sat, 2009-03-07 14:57:26 -0900, Mr. James W. Laferriere <babydr at baby-dragons.com> wrote:
> > >  	For everyone else's information use the '-p1' to patch .
> > >  	ie: cat $filename | patch --verbose -p1
> > >
> > >  	During patching of the gcc sources I received one reject as a 'Assume
> > > -R?' which I said no to .  Hopefully this is correct ,  See below the patch that
> > > rejected .
> >
> > That's correct. It means that my patch was accepted for upstream GCC
> > sources. Good thing. One patch less to care for.
>
>  	Following Jan-Benedict's instructions to compile binutils * gcc the
> compilations were successfull .  Just a note there were thousands of warnings ,
> but I do not beleive that they were all caused by Jan's modifications ,  maybe
> some were ;-) .

Could you please post some of them? I don't see warnings. At least not
in the VAX part. And other than that, there are *very* few compile
warnings in the GCC sources. It would be nice if you'd prepare a
complete compile log:

$ screen
$ configure ....; make ....; ....
$ ^D

You'll find a file called "typescript" now, with the complete build
log. Please send it to me (privately).

>  	Now all I need is something to compile !-)

We'll work on that :)

MfG, JBG

--
      Jan-Benedict Glaw      jbglaw at lug-owl.de              +49-172-7608481
Signature of:                 Friends are relatives you make for yourself.