[LV] Now for another bit of noise , ok any noise ...

Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw at lug-owl.de
Tue Mar 3 05:15:51 CET 2009

On Mon, 2009-03-02 21:34:31 +0000, Maciej W. Rozycki <macro at linux-mips.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Mar 2009, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
>
>  There is also the "long double" H-float type currently unsupported even
> by GCC.  It should be straightforward to add too -- no rocket science
> here.  It's optional for hardware, but at least the NVAX implements it in
> silicon which makes it attractive for me. ;)

Guesswork is to add an encoder/decoder function to gcc/real.c and to
enable it. It's probably not all that clever to simply add it as
TFmode to vax-modes.def, but to add a command line option instead,
placing it into the override function (which already manages D vs. G
float format)?

Anyone to write an emulator for hardware missing H_float support? Then
we'd unconditionally enable it for Linux :)

MfG, JBG

--
      Jan-Benedict Glaw      jbglaw at lug-owl.de              +49-172-7608481
Signature of:           Ich hatte in letzter Zeit ein bißchen viel Realitycheck.