Linux/VAX boot protocol

arcarlini at iee.org arcarlini at iee.org
Tue Nov 27 20:22:59 CET 2012

Maciej W. Rozycki [macro at linux-mips.org] wrote:
>  No idea, please mind this code is 20 years old, according to
> copyright notices.  DEC used to provide decent documentation for stuff
> that mattered
> to users, so I wouldn't be surprised if all of this was
> properly described
> somewhere.  Or at least there may have been a system header available
> for the data structures used.  I reckon there was a system package
> with software for users to prepare their own bootstrap images.
>
>  Documentation for the MOP protocol itself used to be available.

http://manx.classiccmp.org/details.php/1,3212

http://manx.classiccmp.org/details.php/1,3213

http://manx.classiccmp.org/details.php/1,1131

That last one is the most recent, there other two are for Phase III.
I'm sure the Phase IV MOP spec used to be around somewhere. If it
actually
matters (i.e. the Phase V one isn't available) let me know and I'll
dig around in my archives.

Antonio
arcarlini at iee.org