Wiki, bitrot, code and greetings!

Maciej W. Rozycki macro at linux-mips.org
Thu Dec 6 02:01:39 CET 2012

On Tue, 27 Nov 2012, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:

> > Speaking of the SourceForge site, does anyone subscribed have write
> > access to it?  Changing it to a redirect to vax-linux.org would be
> > useful, as a search on Google for "vax linux" current returns the SF
> > site and the vax-linux.org site first and second, respectively.  The
> > two sites look fairly similar so it's confusing for someone searching
> > those terms to determine which is the right place.  (I had sent a
> > couple emails and registration requests to the pergamentum mailing
> > list before I realized this one existed.)
>
>  Thanks for raising the point, I am supposed to have access to the site,
> although I had never got to doing anything about it before sf.net was
> compromised a while ago.  I should be able to restore access, I'm told, so
> I'll see what I can do about it.  My experience with sf.net is nil though,
> so please be forgiving. :)

 I found a spare minute to poke at it and my access indeed works, but does
not seem to allow me to make any modifications to the web page.  Online
help is sparse, but from what is available I gather that to modify that
page project's administrative right is required and I don't have one.

 So we'll have to resort to someone who has such a right -- according to
project's status there are three such people, one of whom is Kenn, who I
cheerfully saw still present here a few days ago.

 So Kenn, would you please consider poking at our sf.net web page?  I
think if you added a link to the wiki and the new mailing list somewhere,
then it would be great.

 Long-term we may keep the page and resources there as a historical
reference, or modernise it somehow.  I have no clear preference right now.

 Meanwhile I'll get back to coding...

  Maciej