[LV] Now for another bit of noise , ok any noise ...

Theo Baumgartner tbaumgartner at swissonline.ch
Mon Mar 2 20:05:40 CET 2009

Hello all :)

All this talking has woke me up :)

>   * Support DSSI storage on QBus VAXen.

One of the reasons why i can use my VAX 4300 only with netboot (tried that several years ago with NetBSD).
But netbooting isn't so much fun so i decided against a UNIX Environment and put VMS back on it
which is not my personal favorite. And with VMS on it i lost interest in my VAX. With a real Linux i could
imagine that i'm gonna use it a bit again.

> A cross compiler is the way to go. Anything else will be painfully
> slow. For testing/running compiled kernel/software, SIMH is quite
> nice. (You don't need a switched-on VAX all the time and SIMH on a
> fast PeeCee is actually *faster* than a real VAX. And you can easily
> put a hugh amount of RAM into SIMH, which isn't all that easy with a
> real VAX...)

My VAX 4300 has 128mb ram. Isn't that enough for the CPU Power it has?

Greetings

Theo Baumgartner