[LV] Status of the toolchain build scripts?

Mikkel Lauritsen mikkel-vax at tala.dk
Wed Jun 20 12:10:40 CEST 2007

Mikkel Lauritsen <mikkel-vax at tala.dk> wrote:
> Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw at lug-owl.de> wrote:
>
>> I'm curious about it... Maybe give it a run with libefence
>> LD_PRELOAD'ed?
>
> Sure thing. That more or less sorted things out - the exact code writing
> beyond the allocated area is clear (line 1083 in gas/app.c), but how it
> got there I don't quite follow. I have included the backtrace below, and
> as far as I can see it would require that the character 'e' was considered
> a separator between parallel insns and screwing up the value of to just
> before that.
>
> I'll take a further look at it and see what I can come up with.

Inserting a line feed at the beginning of the assembly code file makes the
segmentation fault from libefence disappear, so it looks as if I've been
really unfortunate and hit a scenario where a "bad" character is located at
a position in the input file where it causes an output buffer overrun.

Still digging...

Best regards,
  Mikkel