[LV] Status of the toolchain build scripts?

Mikkel Lauritsen mikkel-vax at tala.dk
Mon Jun 18 14:42:23 CEST 2007

Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw at lug-owl.de> wrote:

--- snip ---

>> Unfortunately the GIT kernel compile dies with the same internal
>> compiler error in GCC as the kernel from SF.net CVS:
>>
>> include/linux/byteorder/swab.h: In function '__fswab16':
>> include/linux/byteorder/swab.h:136: internal compiler error: in
>> optimize_inline_calls, at tree-inline.c:2842
>>
>> Has anybody else seen this as well? Should I try using another version
>> of GCC as baseline?
>
> Hmm, I guess it's the -f{,no-}unit-at-a-time thingie; try to drop it
> from arch/vax/Makefile .

Thanks - that made the compile continue, but unfortunately not for long;
the assembler pretty quickly bites the dust because glibc detects memory
corruption while compiling arch/vax/kernel/signal.c .

As far as I can see we're not patching as, so would it make sense
reporting it as a bug against GCC?

Best regards,
  Mikkel