[LV] The kernel build process & tools any changes .

Maciej W. Rozycki macro at linux-mips.org
Tue Jun 5 20:08:22 CEST 2007

On Tue, 5 Jun 2007, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:

> What I just remember (I missed to write about that on the MIPS mailing
> list) is that you cannot expect a too-much fixed assignment from a
> given serial port to the LK/VSXXX. IIRC, port numbering (or wiring)
> depends a bit on the machine :-(

 That's why it belongs to the platform code, not to the serial driver
itself.  For MIPS it could be arch/mips/dec/vt.c or something.  VAX (and
Alpha, if that ever happens) machines would use their own files as
appropriate.

> On the kernel side, I'm behind, far far behind.  Hope to get all the
> ends connected again.

 I would appreciate getting the repo up to date so that it makes sense to
submit any changes. ;-)

  Maciej